Limited Travel support available
A limited number of partial grants are available to African delegates (staff and students) to cover travel, accommodation and meals. In the event that your application is unsuccessful, we advise you to seek other funding as well. Kindly complete the online application and submit before or on 30 April 2019. (Applications now closed) Direct your queries/request for more information to Kefiloe Masemola, Kefiloe.Masemola@mrc.ac.za.
Grants will include the following:
- Symposium attendance
- Return economy class flights
- Single occupancy accommodation for the duration of the conference
Important information for applicants:
- Grant recipients will be held liable for any/all expenses incurred if the awardee does not attend the conference. Cancellations must be communicated by 20 June 2019 to avoid liability costs.
- Applicants would need to have their abstracts accepted to qualify for grants.
- Grant recipients must provide a letter from their Director/Supervisor/Mentor confirming that they require financial assistance to attend the conference. (Self-employed recipients are not required to submit this).
- Applications must include a single-page CV.
- Grant recipients will be responsible for their own travel costs in their respective countries, visa costs, in-country expenses, medical and travel insurance, etc.
- Please note there will be no per diem cost provided